Although I am now back to work full time, my four years staying at home and working part time taught me so much about shopping smarter and using coupons. I also found a wealth of great websites and blogs to make that happen. One such site was Faithful Provisions, a blog started by Kelly Hankcock, which is a treasure trove of savings advice and recipes.
Kelly has combined her most saving-savvy techniques from her popular website into a book appropriately named Saving Savvy: Smart and Easy Ways to Cut Your Spending In Half and Raise Your Standard of Living…and Giving!, which was released this month. I got a sneak peak and this is a fabulous read if you are serious about taking control of your family’s spending habits.
Inside, Kelly outlines a plan to reduce spending budgets, while raising the reader’s standard of living. The goal isn’t to take extreme measures, but rather, to shop smarter while saving money and time.
“ My audience includes moms with jobs who cant afford to spend hours researching deals and cutting coupons”, says Hancock. “So I’ve developed money-saving strategies that are easy. Once you learn, you can drastically improve your family’s bottom line”.
But in addition to saving savvy tips, Kellys book is filled with living generously tips, too. By shoring up family expenses,Kelly and her blog readers are now able to give back to their favorite charities, causes, and organizations.
Inside Saving Savvy, readers learn how to:
· Learn their saving style, via a special spending-style quiz
· Eat/cook organic foods on a budget
· Create a money-saving freezer template
· Cook ingredient-based meals based on sale + seasonal items
· Teach children about money and budgeting
In addition, those who buy a copy of Saving Savvy can receive a free issue of All You, a magazine packed with high-value, exclusive coupons and offers on national brands (up to $100 of savings). The redemption form is on the back flap of the book for the reader to return withtheir store receipt for the free issue.
I’ve been generously offered the chance to give away a copy of Saving Savvy to one of my lucky readers!
TO ENTER: Leave a comment on this post telling me YOUR best savings tip.
Deadline to enter is Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 11 PM Central. U.S. Only.
After you have answered the question above, you can also earn up to 6 bonus entries by doing the following (but please leave a seperate comment for each):
1. Subscribe to Mommy Cracked in a reader by clicking here. (Leave a comment on this post telling me you did so).
2. Subscribe to Mommy Cracked by email and confirm the subscription. This option is in the sidebar. (Leave a comment on this post telling me you did so)
3. Tweet this contest and leave a comment on this post with your link on Twitter. (You can hit the Retweet button at the top of this post to make it easier.)
4. Click here to follow me on Twitter and leave a comment on this post telling me you did so.
5. Click here to become a fan of Mommy Cracked on Facebook and leave a comment on this post telling me you did so.
6. Follow me on Google Friend Connect. Just hit “Join” under “Followers” at the bottom of my blog.
That’s it! Good luck!
I received a copy of the book above to facilitate my review and one to give away. No other compensation was received.