Can you remember your favorite teacher? I have a few special ones I recall that made learning such an enjoyable experience. The icing on the cake for me was getting my own teaching license and being able to work along side with a couple of my favorites from my elementary school days. Talk about an amazing privilege! It made me appreciate all they did for me that much more.
Unfortunately, along with teaching often comes the fact that teachers have to spend a good amount of money from their own pockets for needed supplies in the classroom. I’ve joined the Max Moms For Teachers program to raise awareness and encourage support for teachers in every community. The Max Moms are working in collaboration with the national “A Day Made Better” cause founded by OfficeMax and nonprofit Adopt-A-Classroom to help erase teacher-funded classrooms.
To support this cause, I had the great privilege of surprising a deserving teacher in my community who demonstrates hard work and dedication to her students with $110 worth of classroom supplies from OfficeMax. I was so excited as the day neared! I couldn’t wait to help make her day a little brighter. Look at some of the great stuff in this box!
The teacher I honored was Mrs. Denise Parham.
Mrs. Parham is a third grade math and science teacher who is passionate about her work and gives her all each day in the classroom. Just this week, her class suffered the terrible loss of one of her students. It’s been emotionally tough on them all, but she has really put forth a tremendous effort to be there for her students and help them all cope with this devastating loss. Presenting her with this box of classroom supplies did brighten her day and her class was so excited for her.
You, too, can also join in supporting this cause by purchasing your own A Day Made Better box of classroom supplies available for $25, $50, and $100 at www.adoptaclassroom.org/better and surprise a deserving teacher in your community.
A special thank you to OfficeMax for allowing me to bring some much-needed school supplies and sunshine to a deserving teacher and class.
How would YOU like to win a a mini cause box and $50 gift card to OfficeMax for school supplies to give to a deserving teacher you know?
Leave a comment telling me a little about the teacher you would give this to if you won. PLEASE make sure you leave an email adddress so I can contact you if you are the winner! Deadline to enter is Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 11 PM. Central, U.S. Only.
After you have left the mandatory comment for the above question, you can also earn up to 6 bonus entries by doing the following (but please leave a seperate comment for each):
1. Subscribe to Mommy Cracked in a reader by clicking here. (Leave a comment on this post telling me you did so).
2. Subscribe to Mommy Cracked by email and confirm the subscription. This option is in the sidebar. (Leave a comment on this post telling me you did so)
3. Tweet this contest and leave a comment on this post with your link on Twitter. (You can hit the Retweet button at the top of this post to make it easier.)
4. Click here to follow me on Twitter and leave a comment on this post telling me you did so.
5. Click here to become a fan of Mommy Cracked on Facebook and leave a comment on this post telling me you did so.
6. Follow me on Google Friend Connect. Just hit “Join” under “Followers” at the bottom of my blog.
That’s it! Good luck!