If there is one snack food that I can remember always being around during the holidays ever since I was a little girl, it’s definitely Chex Mix. Not only does it make a great party snack, but it also make a great food gift!
This year, Sam’s Club and Chex wants to provide one of my lucky readers with everything they need to host their own Chex Party Mix-change. Think of the classic cookie exchange with a twist! Grab some friends and family (you can invite them using these awesome printable invitations). Next, print off some of these mouth-watering recipe cards. Finally, print off this handy shopping list for everything you’ll need to make some amazing Chex Mix snacks.
• Set up a special table to keep all the Chex® Party Mixes on. Have cards and pens handy to label the mixes with.
• Create a “mix it up” bar with sparkling water, fruit juices and other beverages for guests to
create their own special blends.
• Have Chex® Party Mix recipe cards on hand for guests to take home and enjoy.
• Take pictures at the party and create memory books as gifts you can send to friends and
• Buy large gift bags for guests to carry home all their Chex® Party Mixes in.
• A great way to help the community is to ask guests to bring an extra box of Chex® for the local food shelter or pantry.
• Don’t limit yourself to evening parties. Mix it up with a lunch hour party or an after-work
“happy hour” Mix-Change. Breakfasts can also be great as guests get a fun start and then have the rest of the day for other holiday activities.
• Get fun and festive with the packaging. Some simple ideas to try:
– Chinese takeout containers
– Party hats
– Cellophane bags
– Cupcake liners in decorative boxes
Visit ChexPartyMixChange.com for even more party-planning tips and be sure to also check out Sam’s Club, your one stop Chex spot that has everything you need to throw a Chex Party Mix-Change!
One lucky reader will win a prize pack including a box of Chex Mix and a $25 Sam’s Club Gift Card. Giveaway will close on Saturday, December 17, 2011 at 11 PM Central. Sorry, U.S. only.
Leave a comment on this post.
After you have answered the question above, you can also earn up to 6 bonus entries by doing the following (but please leave a seperate comment for each):
1. Subscribe to Mommy Cracked in a reader by clicking here. (Leave a comment on this post telling me you did so).
2. Subscribe to Mommy Cracked by email and confirm the subscription. This option is in the sidebar. (Leave a comment on this post telling me you did so)
3. Tweet this contest and leave a comment on this post with your link on Twitter. (You can hit the Retweet button at the top of this post to make it easier.)
4. Click here to follow me on Twitter and leave a comment on this post telling me you did so.
5. Click here to become a fan of Mommy Cracked on Facebook and leave a comment on this post telling me you did so.
6. Follow me on Google Friend Connect. Just hit “Join” under “Followers” at the bottom of my blog.
The Sam’s Club gift card, information, and giveaway have been provided by Sam’s Club, Chex Party Mix and General Mills through MyBlogSpark.