Raise your hand if you love margaritas! Yep, me too! There’s no better beverage to pair with a great Mexican dish. This month, you don’t have to look hard for the perfect excuse to go and enjoy a margarita with your friends. National Tequila Day is on July 24, and Chevys Fresh Mex, a national border cantina-style Mexican restaurant chain, shares their top five ways to celebrate!
1. Throw a Tequila Olympics party complete with a flaming margarita torch and games like bobbing for limes in a tub of margarita mix, a tequila worm dance contest, “margarita pong” with tequila and limes, and shimmying under a limbo stick while holding a frosty margarita.
2. Stop by for your favorite tequila drink specials at Chevys Fresh Mex participating locations on July 24 including the 1800 Margarita (House or Fresh Fruit); Cazadores Blanco, Herradura Silver, El Jimador Reposado shots; and Paloma, Red Paloma or any flavor Tequini.
3. Mix up a batch of Chevys luscious fresh fruit margaritas to celebrate with America’s favorite cocktail (see recipe below for the 1800 Watermelon Margarita!)
4. Sample seasonal tequila-themed menu items like Chef Carlos’ Flaming Tequila Chicken Fajitas or new fresh, summer-inspired flavors like Habanero Grilled Steak Tacos, mesquite-grilled Carne Asada and Shrimp Skewers and citrus-infused Ceviche Mixto at Chevys Fresh Mex participating locations.
5. Choose five different types of tequila and host a blind-folded tequila taste test in classic shot glasses. Don’t forget a palate cleanser of chips and salsa!
Chevys 1800 Watermelon Margarita Recipe (courtesy of Chevys Fresh Mex)
· Ingredients: 1 1/4 oz. 1800 Silver Tequila, 3/4 oz. Agavero Orange, 1 oz. Sweet & Sour, 2 oz. Fresh Watermelon Puree
· Build: Fill a shaker glass half way with cubed ice. Add all ingredients as listed. Hand shake vigorously 5 times. Pour entire contents into a 12 oz. old fashion glass. Garnish with a watermelon sugar rim and lime wheel, then serve cold!
Celebrate At Chevys Fresh Mex
This month Chevys is kicking off the celebration on July 20 by inviting guests to sample fresh, seasonal tequila-themed menu items paired with free-flowing margaritas, America’s most popular cocktail. Chef Carlos’ Flaming Tequila Chicken Fajitas, which is served tableside and set ablaze, may be paired with premium 1800 Watermelon Margarita for $17.99. On July 24, the national restaurant chain honors National Tequila Day by offering guests’ favorite tequila drink specials including:
1800 Margarita (House or Fresh Fruit) for $5
Cazadores Blanco, Herradura Silver, El Jimador Reposado shots for $6
Paloma or Red Paloma, or any flavor Tequini for $7
Chevys will also bring back the popular $5 Watermelon Margarita, the latest libation in the Fresh Fruit Margaritas of Month series, as the “fresh” border cantina chain celebrates its monthly Cinco party on July 5. In honor of National Watermelon Month, the chain launches its special 1800 premium Watermelon Margarita and the Hangar One Watermelon Martini, and refreshing drinks which will be available through the end of summer.
Enter the Rafflecopter form below to be entered to win 2 Chevys Fresh Mex Be Our Guest cards, each good for an entree’ and non-alcoholic beverage. Giveaway ends July 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM Central. Void where prohibited. U.S. only.
I was provided with 2 gift cards to give away to a reader. No other form of compensation was recieved.