As a children’s librarian, I can’t imagine a world without Dr. Seuss books! Seriously, I can’t keep books written by Dr. Seuss on my shelves for long because they are constantly checked out. Constantly! These classics are a must for every family to read. Full of unique, fun, and silly stories, these books will give everyone a grin at story time! Here are 30 plus must-read Dr. Seuss books that your kids will definitely enjoy! Step into Dr. Seuss’s world and help The Lorax save the truffula trees, try some Green Eggs and Ham, or spend sometime with The Cat in the Hat.
30 PLUS MUST-READ DR. SEUSS BOOKS
- One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
- Dr. Seuss ABC
- Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
- The Foot Book
- Are You My Mother?
- Green Eggs and Ham
- The Cat in the Hat
- Fox in Socks
- Hop on Pop
- Yertle the Turtle
- The Sneetches
- The Lorax
- Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
- What Pet Should I Get?
- Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?
- Dr. Seuss’s Sleep Book
- Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
- Happy Birthday to You!
- Dr. Seuss’s Happy Birthday Baby!
- Go, Dog Go!
- There’s a Wocket in My Pocket!
- Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now!
- Great Day For Up!
- In a People House
- I Am Not Going to Get Up Today!
- If I Ran the Zoo
- Scrambled Eggs Super!
- And To Think I Saw it on Mulberry Street
- Horton Hears A Who!
- Horton Hatches the Egg
- You’re Only Old Once!
- My Book About Me
- The Butter Battle Book
There are Dr. Seuss book sets available as well. Including this Little Blue Box of Board Books, which is great for a baby shower or birthday gift. Or this one, Six by Seuss book which includes six stories in one.
What are your favorite Dr. Seuss books to devour? Did they make our list? Share with us!