One of the best things about working in a school is being able to be at home during the summer. I’m able to stay on top of the household chores better and usually knock most of those out in the early morning hours. My internal clock still won’t let me sleep too late in the summer, so I get up and start my day as normal. Right after lunch is when it starts to just get unbearably hot, so this is the time we stay indoors and do something relaxing, like reading or playing games. I have a few time-wasting games I play online, but one of the things I don’t like about these games is that you can only play them for so long before you have to wait for a friend to send you extra lives, or else make in-app purchases to continue playing. Can anyone else feel my pain?
Fortunately, I’ve discovered a better way to game that’s absolutely free. Yep, FREE! If you love Amazon, then you need to check out Amazon Underground, which is an app for Android phones that combines Amazon’s best mobile shopping experience with instant streaming of Amazon Instant Video PLUS 100% free apps, games, and even in-app items. Unlimited lives, levels, upgrades – everything! This means you can play for free for as long as you like! No more having to bother your friends for extra moves or waste your money making in-app purchases. That’s definitely a good thing in my book!
You don’t even have to enjoy gaming to appreciate all that Amazon Underground offers because there are apps for everyone. If you have a child that likes to play games, but you’d prefer them to learn as they play, Amazon Underground has tons of educational apps for all skill levels. There are apps for health and fitness, household management, everyday productivity, and so much more.
After playing a few of the games, I picked five of my favorites to share with you in case you might want to check them out as well. This is how I’m currently beating the summer heat at home.
1. Candy Party: Coin Carnival– I love any game with a candy theme, and I have no idea why. However, I was so excited to see Candy Party: Coin Carnival, which is exactly like the games you see at a carnival where you insert your coin and watch the slider move back and forth and see what prize you win. My husband was also a big fan of this game as well and he may or may not have stayed up into the wee hours playing this.
2. PAC-MAN Friends– I will always be an 80’s girl forever in my heart, and PAC-MAN was definitely a part of my childhood. This one is a little more fast-paced and slightly different from the original you might remember, but it still has the same characters.
3. Coloring Books for Adults– If you love to get artsy, Coloring Books for Adults is a great way to create a beautiful piece of artwork. I’ve always heard that coloring books were a great way to relax, and I have to agree because this app makes it so easy.
4. Ice Cream Sundae Jam– I love candy games, but anything with a food theme ranks high on my gaming radar, so of course I had to try out Ice Cream Sundae Jam. I am so in love with the graphics in this game!
5. Simple Solitaire– I learned to play Solitaire when I was a teenager and playing it on a device is just that much more fun. Amazon Underground has several card games to choose from, but this one is my favorite of them all.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.